Scholarships and Fellowship Opportunities, 2013
Religion and Education in South African Schools
Brief Project Description
Religious education is a growing field of scholarly activity, and a contested one in our complex and changing societies of late modernity in most countries of the world. This project is dedicated to critically examine what is happening at schools and learning institutes in South Africa.
Key Research Questions of the Project as a whole:
- How is Religion taught schools?
- What contribution does the Subject make to Society and Nation?
- What values are being promoted through Religion Education?
- How does Religion Education in South Africa compare with global developments and challenges?
For more information, please visit this Google Folder
Application Deadline: 15 January 2013
Prospective candidates should send the following:
- A letter of application.
- A brief proposal for research (maximum 5 pages).
- Names and contact details of two academic referees.
- Certified academic transcript(s) (Only for non-UCT graduates).
Post Doctoral Fellows to submit a full CV and a list of publications and the names and contact details of three academic referees in addition to the above.
The Scholarships and Fellowships are supported by the National Research Foundation and intended mainly for meritorious South African students.
Please send your application and requests for further information to: Department of Religious Studies, University of Cape Town, Rondebosch, 7701.
Phone: (021) 650 3889; (076) 1193570; or email Danika Driesen.